Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

One transfer left

March 16 letter

Well. The big day just came. We are officially on day one of the last transfer. It is a weird feeling, and there are a lot of "lasts" coming up. 

This past week we were in Antsirabe and Fianarantsoa for splits and then for zone conferences. The zone conferences were exceptionally good and the week as a whole went better than last week. It was a little less frustrating. 

The zone conferences were my last zone conferences. No more for me. In the last 6 months I have had 12 zone conferences, but no more, I am finished. This last transfer is going to fly by.

My new companion is Elder Morley. He has been serving as a zone leader here in Tana. I am really excited to work with him. We will have an exciting 6 weeks.

This upcoming week is transfers, so until like Friday we are quite busy. And  then on Friday we are going to have a planning meeting with President, and then next week has some meetings lined up, and on the 31st we have a big MLC where we bring in all the zone leaders and Sister training leaders from all of provinces and islands and we will have a full day meeting with them. 

So the splits this last week were really good. Everyone was happy to participate and everyone learned a lot. I had the opportunity to work with several of the missionaries in Fianarantsoa and the missionaries in Ambositra. And then after the zone conferences we drove back. So we had a lot of time in the car this week and it was good. We also took the Ambositra elders to Anjoma, so I got to visit a new place where I haven't been before. So I have been everywhere in the mission except for Toliara and Mahajanga. And I don't think that is going to change before the end. 

So on Sunday we met with President and made a few transfer changes and then we had a soiree with Sister Manda, and then we got home and took stats and then called out the transfer news. So that is what my week was like.

So in Zone conference we talked a lot about integrity, planning, we watched Meet the Mormons (yes that means I have now seen it 6 times) and talked about hastening the work of salvation. We also had a module about teaching with questions to check for the understanding of our investigators. 

So this week I have lots of bus stops and airport trips and food from Sister Adams in my schedule. 

Well until next week.
Elder Weber 


No comments:

Post a Comment