Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Zone Conferences, Flight Plans, and Tamatave

Feb 23, 2015 letter
It has been a very very full week. So starting off we got everything ready for the first zone conference which was Tuesday morning. So Tuesday we had the first zone conference which went wellish. So here are some of things we did in Zone conference.
We talked about integrity and proper use of Missionary Support Funds, we talked about teaching using questions and how commit-keeping is a preparation for covenant keeping. And Sister Adams brought a scripture chase for everyone. And then we also discussed Planning and effective planning for use of time and for teaching. Then we also had lunch, which is always good, and then we also talked about Hastening the work and how to work with Ward leaders, and then there was a small suprise which I cant say because half of the zones still havent had zone conference yet. But it was good, all three times we did it this week.
So Tuesday was zone conference until 4, then english class until 6, then ASL with Sister Turley and Jules, and then office work. Wednesday was studies in the morning, office meeting at 1, transfer meeting until about 4, and then office work, one lesson, and getting things ready for the zone conference on Thursday morning that lasted until 4 and then we had a bap interview and then prepared for Tamatave. Friday we drove all the way to Tamatave, made a few stops on the way. Saturday, you guessed it, Another Zone conference until about 4. And then I stayed around the church and went on a split with one of the zone leaders, Elder Bowler (yes the same elder bowler I trained so very long ago) and there were some meetings at the church. Yesterday I was on a split with the Mangarivotra elders and we had a fun day of work. We are continuing to go on splits here and then we will be returning to Tana a little later this week.

Also I got flight plans, which is cool, flying through Atlanta instead of having to go through London. And I get home in the morning instead of in the evening.
Tamatave is great. However it is rather hot and humid. But it hasnt been as bad as it could be, so I should be grateful for what I have.
So time is ticking down rather fast and its scary to think about what is left to do in this next little bit of time.

Elder Weber 

No comments:

Post a Comment