Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

One transfer older and wiser too. Happy transfer (clap) to you!



November 10 Letter

Another transfer is done and over. And this is a big deal, because I am hitting what is called a "chick mish." That means, if I was a sister missionary, I would be on my way home. And so that does mean that Sister Johnson, who was with us in the MTC, is getting on a plane home. It is really crazy to think about and I am sure that I am going to have some mixed feelings about that as I attend her departure dinner this week and send her off on an airplane. But at the same time I will be happy to meet a fellow ohioan at the airport at Wednesday. Also I will be excited to try and live through this crazy week. Things are always crazy here, its just how we roll.

So this last week was really good. Rather simple week, figuring out transfers, teaching, going on splits, etc, etc etc.

Actually the week was pretty full of things. The biggest one would be our investigator Andry got baptized on Saturday. I had the opportunity to baptize him. It was a really good service and he knows that this church is true. He is what missionaries call a golden investigator. He was just so prepared by the Lord in order to receive the lessons from the missionaries. He understands his role, and that he is a child of God. He knows that his potential is great and that he has so many opportunities to grow and progress. We also got to attend another baptism this week and the Bishop in his remarks made a lot of comments about how important the church is in our lives. He referenced the talk from this last general conference about staying in the boat. He taught the recent converts that what ever life may throw at them, it is easy to handle while still in the boat. He also taught them that they made a covenant with Heavenly Father, and not a covenant with the missionaries, or the bishop, or any other person on this earth. Therefore if so and so does such and such of a thing, it is no reason to EVER leave the boat. It is so important for us to always stay in the boat. So please remember, to never leave the boat. If the boat cant handle the storm, there is no way you on your own will be able to handle it. 

 Also this week we did a lot of work on getting transfers decided and then also planning all of the logistics of transfers. We also went on a split on Wednesday out to Sabotsy Namehana and Analamahitsy. It was a good split, got to teach some cool people. Thursday we did some running around, taking care of errands, and then we met with our DMP. 

So our ward has been bishopless for quite some time now. But we are excited because this Sunday we have Ward Conference, and rumor has it, they are finally going to call a new bishop. Which should really help in the progress of this ward. It is hard for a ward to run, if there is no bishop. We are really optimistic about the future of this ward. 

Other than that, we taught english this week, taught a few lessons, tried really hard to be good missionaries, and all of that fun jazz. 

These last 6 weeks have flown by, and this next transfer will be even faster because it is a five week transfer! Because 6 weeks from now is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the church decided to have a 5 week transfer followed by a 7 week transfer. So this transfer will FLY by, because there are 6 zone conferences to be had, more transfers to be decided, more splits to go on, lots of travel time is a car, lots of rain to be poured on our heads (hehehe at least we have a car) and tons of other things. 

So some news from our corner of the world. I will be staying with Elder Fox for the next 5 weeks, and also we just created two new zones bringing the total on the Madagascar island from 4 to 6. That is a big new change and we are hoping to get some momentum from this new change. 

Life is going well. The mission keeps on going. Little by Little or a Lot by a lot, the time keeps trucking on. 

I really dont have much else to say. Do you have any questions for me? I feel like my mission makes sense to me, but I am not sure how much you guys understand things. 

So until next week, when we shall talk again, I bid.... Good evening, good night, and good week!
Elder Weber 

No comments:

Post a Comment