Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Happy Halloween

Letter from October 27th

Happy Halloween everyone!

It was another good week of being a missionary here in Madagascar!

I don't think I say it enough. I love the malagasy people! They are the best people in the world!

So this week was good, lets walk through it. 

Monday - I picked up my new suit, and boy is it nice! It looks way good! I won't send any pictures home that way you can be surprised when I get there. We tried to teach Monday night, and we taught one great time to a less active member. 

Tuesday - Tuesdays tend to be one of our office days. We get our studies done in the morning and then we get lunch and go to the office and do stats, and little odds and ends. But this Tuesday we had MLC with all of the zone leaders. It was a lot of fun, it was a good meeting, and the Chicken Pot Pie was really good. And then did office work, and then we taught English, After english we went and taught Andry. Andry is doing really well preparing for his baptism on the 8th of November.

Wednesday - We went on a split in Ivandry and Ankordandrano. For those who have a good memory. I used to work in Ivandry. It was great getting to go back there. The missionaries are pretty new to that area, and have been struggling to find homes of members and some of the investigators. So I was able to help them find their way around a little more. It was really fun and good. A lot of the members were suprised that I was still around, and most of them made comments on how much weight I have lost. So that is great to hear, especially from Malagasies. They don't lie about nothing. They tell you straight as it is.

Thursday - We had a day full of meetings. 8:30 to 10 we had office meeting, and then we drove over to the Ivandry church for zone meeting from like 11 to 12:30 and then we grabbed lunch and got to the office again for our first transfer meeting from like 2 to 5. And then after that, we went to our DMP meeting with the sister missionaries and our DMP. And then we went home by the time all of that was taken care of. 

So... Transfer meeting. I would love to tell you everything about this upcoming transfer, but there are people like Elder Hein over there in Ambohimanarina that frequently reads my blog. Plus even if he didnt I wouldnt be able to tell. But I can tell you that transfers are not really easy to figure out. It takes a lot of work. 

Friday - we did some work and taught some times. It was a good day.

Saturday and Sunday we watched CONFERENCE! It was really good to watch. We watched all 5 sessions and felt the spirit strongly. It was a really good week! Some of the talks were great!

And now we are onto another whole week!


Elder Weber 

No comments:

Post a Comment