Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Life as a missionary in Mada

Letter from 9/1/2014
Mom Note:  I didn't make a lot of fixes to this one.  I wanted to leave the sentence structure. The order of his words is kind of mixed up in a couple of the sentences.  



So it may have been an interesting week.
1) Locust invasion
Yes, this is the second locust invasion during my mission, but this one was worth noting. It descended on Tana, which hasnt happened in a while. It has also been very hot here, which is what they are saying brought it here. It happened on Thursday and only lasted a few hours before they moved on. But the farmers had to all run to their fields and burn things to drive away the locusts. They burned anything they could find, and then they tried to swat away the rest of the locusts. So it was sad to see that, but I think that they did not lose very much crop.
2) Jirama.
So the power and water company is threatening to strike. The reason why is because the president of Mada put some of their people in jail, because he was mad at them, and so now they are threatening to possibly cut all the power and water to the country. So we will see how that turns out. It looks like it might not be any thing big, the president might calm down, but the missionaries are prepared, just in case. We all saved up water, bought a bunch of food, candles, matches, etc. to prepare. So hopefully nothing happens, but ill let you know.
Other than that it was a pretty normal week, nothing major any direction. We had a very good week of teaching, but the investigators that showed up were a little few, but we will rebound. We are going to have a very very good week and destroy everything.
Oh, btw, I ate a locust today. Pretty good, boiled and then deepfried.
Also I do not know where August flew, because its already September. Pretty soon it will be my birthday, and then Christmas, and then I dont even want to think about it.
I went and bought 15 ties today. And guess how much they were. A whole 7,500 AR. I know right? I payed way to much for them. hahaha jk That is each tie is a quarter. Not expensive at all. And some of them are pretty nice. I also went shopping for suit materials. (that is window shopping, just browsing) But question, what color suit should I get? Send me ideas and pictures of things you think will look good. I was thinking gray or like a really light tan color. But I am open for suggestions.
I love the work, but time is flying by too fast. At the office today, I realized that my picture is almost to the top. We have a board with all the pictures of the current missionaries, and as they go home the ones from the top are removed and the missionaries keep moving up. My group started on the 5th line I believe, and we are getting close to the top line. Top line is not normally a good thing, it means you are old. Speaking of which, people are so amazed at how young I am, but how large I am. Although I have been losing some weight. Im at just under 160 pounds.
Well thats life, and I have to go make some dessert for a soiree tonight!

Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment