Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Another week

Letter from 9/22/2014



Hello Everybody!!

First of all, happy birthday to my older sister. You are getting old. :)

It has been another good week. We are working hard and really seeing the area progress. We had another 23 investigators show up to church.

This Saturday we will be having a baptism. Hopefully 4 of them. We will see because we are waiting to see if some of them can get legally married before Saturday. But it will be very good. 

Since we are talking about baptisms, this Saturday we have an investigator that is going to attend. He currently goes to the Seventh Day Adventist church. We have been teaching him for a long while and he is very interesting in learning about the church. We have gotten into very deep conversations with him about the gospel. Being an Adventist, he has ultimately brought up the sabbath day debate, but we have handled that. He is beginning to really feel of the truthfulness of the message we bring for him and his family. He has felt that there are questions he has that we can answer. He is so surprised that we have all the answers. Our doctrine answers everything, in his words "complete". And he has started to realize that in a lot of other places he cannot get that. And so he has agreed to come see the baptism on Saturday and we will see what happens from there. He is in no rush to make a decision, but wants to really understand EVERYTHING before he makes a decision. 

Today I went and bought lamba for my suit. Lamba meaning cloth. So I have the materials and I think it will be a pretty incredibly nice suit.

Malagasy culture - some malagasies marry WAY young. The couple we are waiting on for the soratra for the baptism, the guy is 19 and the girl is only 18. There is another set of investigators that is a very young married couple. The guy is my zandry. (my younger) 

But I love Madagascar. Let me send a few pics. The new church building, the US embassy (I might get arrested for taking a picture. Norbert. Some members. Patrick (getting baptized on Saturday) and maybe some others. 

But it is hard to write. I never know what to say anymore. Time is flying. I feel like this past week didnt even exist. And transfers are already next week again. 17 missionaries coming next week. 2 leaving. That will be an adventure. 

Elder Weber 





No comments:

Post a Comment