Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

More photos and info from 8/11/2014 Letter



More photos and info from 8/11/2014 Letter

Third pic - this is what a lot of "tsena"s look like. A tsena is a market. People sell their individual products. This one being akondro (bananas for those that dont speak malagasy, oh wait, thats all of you.... ;)





Fourth pic - another cute kid, this time holding interesting wildlife. I have seen all sorts of cool wildlife here in Madagascar, including a few wild lemurs. 



Fifth pic - I dont really know what is going on. This doesnt look like any place I have worked. A costal area, but I didnt any of these in Fort Dauphin. 




Sixth pic - A nice picture of Tana. That is a palace up at the top of the hill. The old one is behind it where we cant see it. Also take note of the angel statue in the middle of the lake. I still havent been, but suposedly you can get up inside of the angel. Next adventure?? Final thing to note is the famous Antananarivo sign to the right. Look familar?? They copied the idea from the Hollywood sign. However, people here have stolen some of the metal that was used to build it, and so it is not complete anymore. Dont leave things out in the open, they tend to disappear. Theft is a problem here, but they have to be really sketchy about it, because if they get caught, they might be killed, if not, beaten close to death. 



No comments:

Post a Comment