Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Great Week

Letter and inserts from Aug 11 email and mission news letter.
Info from the newsletter will be in italic.



This has been a great week! Yesterday we had 17 investigators at church. The work this week went really well. 

So this week I want to try and help everyone come to a little deeper understanding of malagasy culture. I am not sure how i am going to do that, but I am going to try. To help with this I am going to foward our weekly newsletter from this week. It has some interesting pictures in it. 


THE MISSION NEWSLETTER
 
Picture of the Week:  This week’s newsletter is going to be lots and lots of pictures of Madagascar to show Reunion how things are over here in Mada.  We would like to invite Reunion to send us loads of pictures for next week’s newsletter, thus showing Mada missionaries how Reunion is.  Thanks for your participation.

Kids here are adorable… You will see more examples in the following pictures.

Mom Note: The Reunion Islands are part of Elder Weber's mission, but it is more like two separate missions.  The missionaries receive a call to specifically Madagascar to speak Malagasy or to Reunion to speak French.  They don't typically mix or change, even though they all have one mission president.

First pic - cute kid. They exist everywhere. 


Another cute kid eating a Litchi which is a fruit here that should be coming into season in about 2 months.


 Mom note: Many more pictures to come over the next couple of days.  It is pretty time consuming to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment